Katie O’Grady loves a challenge. And really loves a challenge that includes an adventure! What could make law school more challenging and more exciting? How about taking a semester with law students in WMU-Cooley Law School’s Down Under foreign study program! For Katie, law school never looked this good. Learning the law was a thrill a minute in Australia and New Zealand.
Katie joined up with WMU-Cooley Law School students last winter (Australia and New Zealand’s summer, BTW), and didn’t have time to miss winter in the Windy City – even a little bit.
She was too busy. Yes, there was class. “The International law courses were fabulous! Especially my Competition Law class in Australia, and the professors were great!”
And there was no shortage of things to do and to experience outside of class. “It was great meeting new people … and I am still friends with my roommate Candace (from WMU-Cooley Law School).”
Here are some of the things Katie most enjoyed during her study abroad Down Under:
- She loved bungy jumping – at the third largest jump in the world. Did you know that bungy jumping originated in New Zealand?
- Horseback riding in Queenstown, New Zealand around the Misty Mountains where Lord of Rings was filmed
- White water rafting in the north island of New Zealand.
- Diving in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- Swim with wild dolphins in Perth.
“It was a lifetime opportunity where I was able to do things I never would have been able to do had I stayed in Chicago.”
Katie wanted to bring back something to remind her of her unbelievable time Down Under. What did she bring back, you ask? Exactly. Something everyone would bring home – a Sugar Glider from Australia! Everyone should have a pet Sugar Glider.
Check out Katie’s pet Sugar Glider in her video – so cute and adorable!